Showing all 1 result
What do you know about Hydrocodone?
Hydrocodone is a medicine that comes under the category of drugs called the opioid drug. We can also say that Hydrocodone is an opioid medication as most of the opioid drugs are used for treating pain. Opioid drugs are sometimes also called Narcotic drugs because they both work in the same manner. Hydrocodone has its extended-release version as well that can be used for around the clock treatment of the pain. You must know that these extended versions, namely – Zohydro ER and Hysingla ER, should not be used on an as-needed for primary pain.
The patient who buys Hydrocodone should know that this drug comes in several doses and forms. As mentioned above, Hydrocodone has its extended versions that should not be used until and unless your doctor suggests using it under the proper guidance.
What does a pill of Hydrocodone do?
A doctor prescribes the pills of Hydrocodone for the treatment of moderate or severe pain conditions. The drug works by changing the response of the Central Nervous System (CNS) on the occurring pain. Take guidance from a health expert before you start using Hydrocodone pills for pain relief. Also, remember that the tablets of Hydrocodone are incredibly effective and have a substantial effect on a person’s health.
The drug has the potential to cause a harmful impact as it comes under Schedule II of the Controlled Substance Act. In other words, the drugs have an indicating property of creating misuse and drug abuse. Thus, you must not take medicine until you do not have its prescription.
Are there any side effects of Hydrocodone?
When a drug is categorized under the Controlled Substance Act, that medicine has a high risk of causing adverse side effects. That’s the reason we ask our customers always to buy Hydrocodone online after you have the confirmation of its usage.
Common side effects of Hydrocodone –
- Nausea and vomiting
- Getting dizzy
- Feeling tired
- Symptoms of cold
- Sore throat
- Feeling sleepy
- Stuffy nose
Sideways to these, there may even occur other types of side effects of Hydrocodone. It would be best if you took a consultation from a health advisor for the right dosage of the drug.
Severe side effects of Hydrocodone –
- Noisy breathing
- Slow heart rate
- Weak pulse
- Falling short of breath
- Severe drowsiness
- Feeling like you may pass out
- Nausea and vomiting
- Worsening tiredness
- Burning sensation in the chest
- Lack of appetite (hunger)
Remember that the side effects of a potent opioid can be very severe. It may stop your breath and may result in death. Therefore, one must not take Hydrocodone before having a prescribed dose by a health professional.
What necessary precautions should a person know while taking Hydrocodone pills?
Follow these steps (precautions) to avoid any harmful side effect of the drug –
- Avoid taking heavy drug doses of Hydrocodone. Only use the dosage that is written in the prescription form.
- There are extended-release pills of Hydrocodone available; do not chew or crush them, or else the drug will flow at once in your system. It will result in causing fatal issues.
- The drug dose of Hydrocodone is habit-forming, i.e., do not take it more than the prescribed amount.
- Misuse or overdose of the opioid drug (like Hydrocodone) can cause addiction and other several health issues.
- Patients who suffer from the following health issues must not be taking Hydrocodone – respiratory problem, kidney or liver problem, severe asthma, blockage in the stomach, the problem in urination, head injury, or others.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Hydrocodone. The aftereffects can be dangerous and life-threatening.
- Do not take the drug for a prolonged time. It will make you dependent upon its usage.