Showing all 1 result
What do you know about Adderall XR?
Adderall XR is the extended version of its former drug Adderall. It is a stimulant medication whose primary purpose is to treat ADHD or ADD disorder. Doctors prescribe the dose of Adderall XR as per the severity of the condition. The tablets of Adderall XR are preferably given as around-the-clock treatment. It means that you cannot use them as a regular dose of Adderall.
The effect of Adderall and Adderall XR is the same on the human body. It means that both the drugs are used to treat the same condition of ADHD in adults and children (6 – 12 years). For doctors, Adderall, which is a stimulant, is the first choice that helps improve 70-80% of ADHD symptoms. The FDA has put Adderall XR in schedule II of the Controlled Substance act. A dose of Adderall XR will start to show its effect within an hour of taking the drug.
What does a pill of Adderall XR do?
As already said above, Adderall XR treats the problem of ADHD. Doctors sometimes also prescribe Adderall XR dosage for the treatment of Narcolepsy. With the help of Adderall XR, people who have ADHD will be able to control their activities and increase their time for paying attention. Not only this, but the drug will help in preventing symptoms of Narcolepsy, such as – excessive sleepiness or sudden attack of daytime sleepiness. The FDA has approved Adderall in the year 1960. Since then, doctors also prescribe its generic version, which is Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine. The stimulant effect of Adderall XR is to produce a calming and focusing effect on a person’s health.
Are there any side effects of Adderall XR?
There have been records that say people who take Adderall XR as per the guidelines will not experience any side effects of the drug. However, a person may get affected by the harmful effects of the drug due to no particular reason. The side effects of Adderall XR can be the same in the case of children as well as adults. Remember that Adderall shall only be prescribed to children above the age of 6 or so.
Following are the side effects of Adderall XR –
- Loss of appetite
- Unable to sleep
- Emotional liability
- Vomiting and nausea
- Abdominal pain
- Feeling nervous
- Fever and high body temperature
- Dry mouth
- Weight loss
- Anxious thoughts
- Urinary infections
Excluding these, there may even occur severe side effects of Adderall XR. Some people take Adderall XR for its off-label use, such as weight loss. However, the FDA has not approved Adderall XR as a medication for weight loss.
The severe aftereffects of Adderall XR will include –
- Pain in the chest
- Blurry or changed vision
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe weakness
- Uncontrolled body movements
- Aggressive behavior
- Skin rashes or allergies
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling up of facial parts
Thus, it is essential to know that Adderall XR can impact your health adversely. The mandatory way to avoid any of these side effects is to take the drug without including any other drug with it.
What necessary precautions should a person know while taking Adderall XR tablets?
Here are a few key points that will help you with the safe use of Adderall XR pills–
- Do not take Adderall XR if you have a past of drug abuse or alcohol addiction.
- Adderall XR is a stimulant that can cause – heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, heart disease, or even sudden death.
- Do not take Adderall XR if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. It may increase or decrease the effectiveness of the drug.
- The effect of Adderall XR can be worsening if you suffer from depression, mental illness, or bipolar disorder.
- After taking the drug, if you incur any such problem – chest pain, falling short of breath, aggression, hearing or visual difficulty, report it immediately with the health expert.
- Do not give a tablet of Adderall XR to a child without having proper medical advice from a health expert.
- Remember that not every brand form of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine will be approved for use in children.