Showing all 1 result
What do you know about Adderall?
Many people must have heard about Adderall pills, but they may not know the purpose for which they are used. Adderall drug is a combination of two active ingredients – Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine. Adderall is available only as per the prescription of a medical professional. The tablets of Adderall treat the problem of ADHD and Narcolepsy. Adults, as well as children, can take the drug for the condition of ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
A health expert strictly supervises both these conditions that Adderall treats. ADHD, as you know, is a disorder in which a person becomes hyperactive, does not possess self-control, lack attention and focus. Narcolepsy, on the other hand, is a sleep disorder in which a person may fall asleep at any point in time without caring about the surrounding he/she is present at that moment. That’s the reason why Adderall cannot be bought without having a prescription from a doctor.
What does a pill of Adderall do?
When a person takes this drug, it starts acting as a stimulant inside the Central Nervous System. Furthermore, it changes the chemical reaction inside a brain and affects dopamine and norepinephrine (neurotransmitters).
The drug comes in immediate-release and extended-release forms that come in various dosage amounts. A doctor or physician when prescribing you for the use of Adderall, they start with a lower dose to check the impact of the drug on your system. Later, it can be increased weekly to achieve the desired results of the drug dose.
The person who takes Adderall as per his/her condition, the drug will help them in the following ways –
- Keeping focus
- Staying attentive
- Concentration levels are high
- Control on the changing behaviors
Are there any side effects of Adderall?
It may not often be, but people do take Adderall even without the need for the drug. They do this to get high, which is drug abuse and its harmful for the human body. Most of the people do this to get a euphoric feeling and energy boost. But so ever, these feelings will wear off within 5 to 6 hours, i.e., until the effect of the drug remains.
Thus, you need to be alert while using the medication of Adderall as it can cause health issues. Some of the aftereffects that may occur after the use of Adderall are –
- Body ache or headache
- Feeling dizzy
- Decrease appetite
- Trouble in sleeping
- Mouth gets dry
- Feeling nausea
- Fluctuation in weight
- Sexual problems
- Change in vision
- Feeling like you may faint
- Severe weakness
- Pain in the chest
- Irregular heartbeat
- Toes and fingers may feel numb
- Delusions or hallucination
- Swelling up of face or other parts
- Having difficulty in swallowing
Any of these side effects can take place when you may not know the right procedure of drug intake. It is essential to note that a drug can cause different side effects if you misuse it in any form. Not every person will face the same side effects, but they may occur if you take it without taking any precautions.
What necessary precautions a person should know while taking Adderall pills?
There are numerous aftereffects that can occur in different individuals depending upon how their body functions to artificial chemicals. In some cases, the situation may get severe and causes much harm to the body. We have given a few points that will help to understand the usage and do’s and don’ts of Adderall –
- Notify it with your doctor if you have a problem with alcohol addiction or so. The use of alcohol, along with Adderall, can amplify the effect of the former drug and causes difficulty.
- The drug dose of Adderall can be habit-forming. Thus, people are advised not to use the drug along with Adderall.
- People who have a problem with heart disease or any other severe health issue must not take the drug. They need to ask their health expert and before starting with the use of the drug.
- You must not take Adderall if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the last 15 days. Adderall may also affect a person’s health if you do not take the drug as per the guidelines of your health advisor.
- The use of Adderall can cause health issues if you have problems, such as – numbness, discoloration in finger and toes, pain, or so.
- The use of Adderall should be immediately stopped if you start having – chest pain, feeling light-headed, falling short of breath, hearing things that are not real, and any such symptom.