While anxiety symptoms vary widely, the odds are good that you have experienced occasional emotional and physical distress signals such as your heart pounding in your chest, panicky breathing, trouble sleeping, feelings of dread, or even loops of worry at some point. That is normal. Anxiety anchors the body’s protective biological response to danger that increases heartbeat and breathing, pumping oxygenated blood to the muscles as your body prepares to fight or flee. A dollop of healthy anxiety will push you to study hard for an exam, persuade you to get to work on time or discourage you from wandering dark streets alone.
However, sometimes the systems that underlie your anxiety responses get dysregulated, and you regularly experience extreme anxiety. This is where antianxiety medications play a role. Order Ativan online because Ativan is the best antianxiety medication. This blog explains the essential details about Ativan.
What is Ativan?
Ativan is a prescription drug commonly used in treating anxiety symptoms and other psychiatric disorders. Ativan can be used alone or with other medicines. The generic name for Ativan is Lorazepam. People also use Ativan to treat severe agitation, trouble sleeping ( insomnia), active seizures, including status epilepticus, and alcohol withdrawal. Ativan is also used before surgery to make the patient sleep. Ativan belongs to the drugs class anxiolytics, benzodiazepines, antianxiety agents, and anticonvulsants. You can buy Ativan online for anxiety relief from our reliable pharmacy website onlinepainpills.com because we deliver authentic medicines at your doorstep. Ativan comes in two forms:
- solution for intramuscular injection or intravenous (IV) injection
Buy Ativan now.
Does Ativan have an addictive property?
Ativan can be highly addictive if you take it for nonmedical reasons or take more than the prescribed dose. Ativan’s addictive potential makes it unsafe for consumption at any dose after a certain length of time. For this reason, prescribing doctors must inquire with patients about their history of drug abuse, if any, or if addiction issues are common in their families.
What are the recommended dosages of Ativan?
Ativan is administered orally. For optimal results, dosage, frequency of administration, and duration of treatment with Ativan must be individualized according to the patient’s response. 0.5 mg, 1 milligram, and 2 mg Ativan tablets are available to facilitate this.
- The usual Ativan dosage range is 2 to 6 mg of Ativan per day in divided doses, the most significant amount being taken before bedtime. However, the daily Ativan dosage can vary from 1 mg to 10 mg per day.
- For anxiety treatment, most patients require an initial dosage of 2 mg to 3 mg of Ativan per day, given two times a day or three times per day.
- You can take a single daily amount of 2 mg to 4 mg of Ativan for insomnia because of anxiety or transient situational stress, usually at bedtime.
- For elderly or debilitated patients, an initial Ativan dosage of 1 mg to 2 mg per day in divided doses is suggested, to be adjusted as needed and tolerated.
One must increase the dosage of Ativan gradually when required to help prevent adverse effects. If the doctor indicates a higher Ativan dosage , one must increase the evening dose before the daytime doses. To decrease the risk of withdrawal reactions from Ativan, use a gradual taper to discontinue the drug or reduce the Ativan dosage .
Ativan vs. Xanax
- Xanax is more quickly absorbed into your body than Ativan. Hence, Xanax has a quicker onset of
- effect than Ativan. However, Xanax has a shorter duration of action ( about four to six hours) compared with Ativan’s eight hours.
- The effects of performance-impairing and sedative can happen sooner with Xanax but dissipate rapidly than with Ativan.
- The generic name for Xanax is Alprazolam, whereas the generic name for Ativan is Lorazepam.
- The activity of Xanax medicine is more likely to be affected by concurrent liver or kidney disease, race (people of Asian descent achieve higher concentrations, and activity of Xanax lasts longer), alcoholism, and obesity. However, Ativan is less likely to be influenced by race or age.
- Ativan is available in tablet form, injection, and oral concentrate. Xanax is available as immediate-release and extended-release tablets and as an oral concentrate.
- Ativan is generally used in adults and adults children above 12 years, while Xanax is used only in adults.
- The standard dose of Ativan is 2 mg to 6 mg per day in divided doses (for example, 1 mg tablet taken three times daily). In contrast, the usual dosage range of Xanax is 0.25 mg to 0.5 mg, taken three times daily.
- Ativan acts slower, and your body removes Ativan more gradually than it does Xanax. This means that the effects of Ativan usually take longer to kick in; however, they last for longer compared with those of Xanax. Because of this, people often take Ativan less frequently than Xanax.
- An oral dose of Xanax reaches its highest concentration in around one to two hours, while it takes an oral dose of Ativan about two hours to reach peak concentrations.
- The average half-life for Xanax, which is the time taken for your body to remove half of the Xanax drug, is approximately 11.2 hours. The body removes Ativan more slowly, with a half-life of around 12 hours, or 18 hours for Ativan and its byproducts.
Xanax and Ativan are usually not prescribed together.
What are the side effects of Ativan?
Ativan may cause side effects. Call the doctor if any of the following Ativan side effects are severe or don’t go away:
- dry mouth
- changes in appetite
- difficulty urinating
- restlessness or excitement
- changes in sex drive or ability
- frequent urination
- blurred vision
Some Ativan side effects can be severe such as:
- shuffling walk
- persistent and fine tremor or inability to sit still
- yellowing of skin or eyes
- severe skin rash
- irregular heartbeat
Ativan is a benzodiazepine drug that treats anxiety disorders, severe agitation, active seizures, status epilepticus, trouble sleeping, and alcohol withdrawal. Buy Ativan online for your anxiety since Ativan works well for the emotional and physical symptoms of anxiety. It is also effective for panic disorder.